Information for your arrival
When arriving in Schleswig-Holstein, please, consider:
- All offices and almost all stores are closed on Sundays in Germany!
- On the national holiday (3rd of October) and during church holidays the busses follow the Sunday schedule and almost all stores are closed!
You can find information on public transportation in Schleswig-Holstein under the following links:
- Are You an international student coming to Flensburg, Kiel or Lübeck for the first time?
- Are You arriving outside of the Housing Department's open hours or during the off-hours of the housekeeper of Your dormitory?
We have an Arrival Service for You:
- Provision of the key for international students, who a renting a room from the Studentenwerk Schleswig-Holstein
- Personal welcome in Flensburg, Kiel or Lübeck and support concering all formalities of moving in
- Orientation within the dormitory and the surrounding area
For the summer semester 2013, the Arrival Service is available from February 25th until April 14th.
It is a service free of charge.
Conditions of participation:
- Apply at least 10 days before Your arrival, at the latest (per post or internet)
- You must arrive outside of the Housing Department's open hours (for EOH and DOH) or during the off-hours of the housekeeper of Your dormitory
- Be ready to pay the security deposit of 250,- €.